I'm exhausted. No, seriously. EXHAUSTED.
I'm managing a lot right now. Some things I can talk about, some aren't mine to tell. My business, health, finances, and personal life haven't gone as I hoped they would by now as we wrap up 2022.
I'm hanging in there, but I'm not in the best place.
Multiple friends have commented on my pictures "You look so happy!", and I can't reply because I'm decidedly NOT. I actually don't know what to do with that.
So how do we maintain hope in times like these? I genuinely don't know, to be honest.
I think the best I can do right now is to commit to cultivating my own happiness in 2023. To re-commit to living a purposeful life, to spreading kindness where I can.
Some concrete things I can do are:
- Continuing to donate food to our neighbourhood community fridge/pantry
- Keep fostering community and connection
- Spending time with folks who make me feel deeply loved and seen
- Maintaining healthy boundaries
- Not expending my emotional labour when it's not taken seriously or thought about deeply
- Doing things/activities that bring me joy
That's what I'll be trying to do in 2023. What will you be doing to recommit to yourself and your wellness?
Buy me a coffee: paypal.me/abundantheart
Michelle, Greta, & Garbo